Wednesday, April 8, 2009

From Ontario (Canada) to Panama (and that's not even the longest distance I've tried!)

It may not be the longest distance relationship I've attempted, but it is my longest distance successful (so far) relationship. Then again, the first was a romantic relationship while this one's just a simple, comfortable friendship. Maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway! I digress...
The longest distance relationship I currently have is with my friend Raul in Panama City, Panama. (That's pretty freakin' far from me here in Guelph!)

How did I end up making friends with someone who lives so far away? Well... since you asked:
I took a trip to Panama with my mother about a year ago. It was lovely! Two weeks was not nearly enough time, but at least it gave us a taste.
I met Raul at one of the hotels we stayed at. We hit it off and spent a good bit of time talking so, before I left, we exchanged e-mail addresses. We've been in touch ever since.

The Internet is a wonderful thing. We talk on MSN a fair bit. Less now that we're both in school again and have different schedules. But we still keep in touch. He's a good friend and I always enjoy talking to him. Maybe one day I'll be able to go back to Panama to visit him, or he might make it to Canada to visit me, but for now I'm content just having such a great friend to talk to online.

No comments: