Sunday, March 8, 2009

Audiences

I wonder if anyone ever reads this. I wonder if they ever have.
I tend to think not. There are so many blogs out there and there's nothing in particular to draw an audience here. I don't write to an audience. I'm not expecting a crowd. I use this page the same way I'd use a journal. I just write what's on my mind. No particular direction or theme. I'm not going for popularity. I'm not looking for numbers. But I do wonder sometimes... if anyone ever has wandered onto this page, listened to what I had to say.

I'm generally glad that I don't have an audience. It means I don't have to worry about pleasing anyone. There's no pressure on me as to what or how often I write. I'm completely free. That being said, I somehow enjoy the possibility of readers. I don't know what I'd do if I ever found out that there were people following this blog. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. But I do like the idea that this is "out there" and that someone could be reading it.

No comments: