Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My preferred writing medium

Quill etc

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I just love the feeling of my fingers whizzing across the keyboard. I love the sound of the keys clicking. And seeing the words appear on the screen.

Sometimes I want the flexibility of a computer. I want to be able to change and edit what I'm saying. I want to add styles and effects. And sometimes I just want that feeling. Just that sensation of typing. It's therapeutic.

Other times though I need paper. I need to feel the pen in my hand. See the ink on the page. See that irrevocable change; whole books, journals gradually filling as I pour my thoughts onto the pages. There is a satisfaction to that. Something that you just can't get from writing on the ever-expanding plane of white that lives in word processors on computers.

No comments: