Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Texas Burger might not be healthy, but it's tasty

Try their poutine. Seriously!



They make all their fries fresh, on the spot. I don't mean, they get some pre-cut frozen things and throw them in the deep-fryer when you order. I mean, they take the potatoes, wash them, cut them up, and fry them for you. Right there.



If you are going there though, at least if you plan on getting the poutine, bring you appetite; the serving sizes are... generous. Better yet, bring a friend! Best: bring me! I'm always willing to help polish off an order of Texas Burger poutine!



I remember having some tasty breakfasts and burgers and the like there when I was a kid too, but it's all kind of faded and vague now. I don't get in there very often anymore - I think I've been once in the last two or three years - so, when I do get to go, it's poutine all the way!



The only thing that could make this dish any better is if the restaurant were located in Quebec. I mean, it's fantastic as is, but imagine how good it would be if they could get proper, fresh, salty, delicious, Quebec cheese curd, rather than just grated cheddar. Mmmm...

Powered by Plinky

No comments: