Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Phonebooth to Nowhere

Craft a story with no 'E's it said. 100 words. I can do that! Tougher than it looks. No 'L's was not so difficult.


Phone Booth

I look at my watch. Almost two. Nonchalant, I walk to a booth on my right. It is claustrophobicly small.

Nobody's looking.

Quickly I dial an odd combination. My surroundings slip away.

Slowly blinking, my sight adjusts. Bright light glints off of glossy, hard floors and walls. This room looks blank, no furnishings, no company.

“Uh... anybody around?” I ask, cautiously sitting up. My own murmurings simply drift back as I strain to find a hint of an occupant lurking.

Swoosh. What was that?! “Who is it?” I shout at nothing.

A shadow grabs my arm. Cold, so cold!

“Oh God! It said that combo was for a candy shop! Don't hurt m-- Aaarrgh!!”

Powered by Plinky

No comments: