Thursday, June 26, 2008

Scrapbook

I picked up a beautiful, handmade, leather journal a week or so ago. It's absolutely gorgeous! It cost me nearly $50, but it was worth it. The cover's all beautifully tooled leather. The signatures are stitched in by hand with some brown cord. Lovely!
A book that nice needs to be made into something special. It's too nice to use for just plain old journaling. I want to make it into a family scrapbook. Not a bright, tacky, cheesy scrapbook. Something subdued, classy, and elegant. I'll need to get a few supplies, and it's gonna take a good long while to get everything together, but I really want to do this.
I'd like to give it to my parents when it's all done.

I've got a rough idea of what I want to put in it. It should only take about half to two-thirds of the book. That'll be nice though; that way we'll be able to add to it in years to come. As we accumulate more pictures, thoughts, and memories, we'll be able to create new pages. I think it'll be nice to have. We can compile it as a family, all our trips and memorable moments. Maybe even pass it down in the family. Who knows?
I think it'd be a fun project n'anyway.

No comments: